Below are some resources that may be helpful as you launch or grow a business. Please reach out to us if there are categories of resources that you would like us to add to this page, and if you have specific organizations to recommend from your personal experience, that should be added to this page. We encourage you to connect with our team if there is anything else we can do to help your business find success in Westchester County.
Starting a Business
The Westchester County Clerk’s Office can help with setting up your business and filing necessary paperwork. Learn more.
Join a business networking organization
There are dozens of professional business groups and Chambers of Commerce in Westchester which focus on specific geographic area or demographics. Chambers of Commerce provide business owners and professionals with networking opportunities; advocacy; community visibility and connection; marketing and promotional assistance; social media and web presence and the ability to connect with new clients, collaborators, contributors and customers. Chambers have typically been organizations focused on retail based businesses; however they are also helpful and appropriate for web-based businesses, professionals and entrepreneurs looking to expand their networks and collaborative relationships. The Business Council of Westchester and Westchester County Association are also excellent networking organizations that you may want to join.
Find a mentor
or join an incubator or accelerator to continue gaining knowledge about entrepreneurship or get some additional mentoring/coaching. Here are some useful links for that.
One on one mentorship/ongoing entrepreneurial education and support:
Group mentorship/coaching/entrepreneurial support:
Incubators and Accelerators:
Ongoing Entrepreneurship Education and Support
Providers of valuable training, webinars, and other education:
Get help with marketing
There are many firms within Westchester that can assist. Here are just a few of them.
- Brand Bliss, founder is Rich Lamendola. Strategy, Design, and Marketing services.
- Brand Twist, founder is Julie Cottineau. Private brand coaching and brand strategy sessions.
- Co-Communications, founder is Stacey Cohen. Specialty is PR and events.
- CReate and Associates, founder is Cecile Rothschild. Specialty is branding, messaging, creative design.
- DigiStar Media, founder is Robin Colner. Specialty is digital marketing strategy.
- Exceller Marketing, founder is Kathy Argyros. Specialty is web design and digital marketing for entrepreneurs and small businesses.
- Galvanize Worldwide, founder is Heidi Davidson. Specialize in helping startups prepare to raise capital.
- Hudson Fusion, President is Cindy Penchina. Specialty is online marketing, inbound marketing.
- Jill Singer Graphics, founder and principal is Jill Singer. Specialty is graphic design and event planning for non-profits.
- Little Big Brands, founder is John Nunzio. Specialty is branding and package design.
- Marketing Matters, founder is Tara Slone-Goldstein. Full service marketing and communications firm.
- Pillar Marketing, founder is Joe Darragh. Specialty is working with small to medium sized local contractors and home service businesses.
- Ronnie Siegel Marketing and Design, founder is Launcher Ronnie Siegel – graphic design and simple websites.
- Spark Rocket Marketing, founder is Angela Kendall – marketing primarily for tech companies and non profits
- Westchester Marketing Café, founder is Jann Mirchandani. Specialty is website design.
Join a Co-Working Space
To get out of your house, meet other business owners, and collaborate. Here are some choices:
- 145 Palisade Street, Suite 200, Dobbs Ferry, NY 10522
- Suite-Space Private & Coworking Offices
- The Forward Thinkers
- Roosevelt Square Building
11 W Prospect Ave, 3rd floor Mount Vernon, NY 10550
- Serendipity Labs
- 44 South Broadway, White Plains, NY 10601
- Regus - White Plains
- 50 Main Street, White Plains, NY 10606
Need money for your business?
Here are some sources to consider:
Need help with Manufacturing? Prototyping?
New York State has a lot of resources to help businesses, large and small. Check out: